Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Trimester Baby Growth

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
skorpy
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

First Trimester Baby Growth Empty
PostSubject: First Trimester Baby Growth   First Trimester Baby Growth ClockWed Aug 30, 2006 2:24 am

First Trimester

Week 2
First Trimester Baby Growth Week2te2 Fertilization, the joining of the sperm and the egg in the fallopian tube to form a unique human being, occurs. Forty-six chromosomes provide the blueprint for the embryo’s physical characteristics.

First Trimester Baby Growth Gosafterweek2rt7 This picture (above) is a fertilized egg only thirty hours after conception. Magnified here, it is no larger than the head of a pin. Still rapidly dividing, the developing embryo, called a zygote at this stage, floats down from the fallopian tube and towards the uterus.

Week 3
At this point, the blastocyst, or developing embryo, is looking for a spot to implant in the uterus. Early formation of the central nervous system, backbone, and spinal column has begun. The gastrointestinal system has also begun to develop with the kidneys, liver, and intestines forming. The heart has begun to form.

Week 4 & 5
First Trimester Baby Growth Week4jb7
Hormones produced by the embryo stop the mother’s menstrual cycle.The embryo’s tiny heart begins to beat by day twenty-one. The brain has developed into 5 areas and some cranial nerves are visible. Arm and leg buds are visible and the formation of the eyes, lips, and nose has begun. The spinal cord grows faster than the rest of the body giving a tail like appearance which disappears as the embryo continues to grow. The placenta begins to provide nourishment for the embryo.

Week 7
First Trimester Baby Growth Week7rf3
Major organs have all begun to form. The embryo has developed its own blood type, unique from the mother’s. Hair follicles and nipples form and knees and elbows are visible. Facial features are also observable. The eyes have a retina and lens. The major muscle system is developed and the embryo is able to move.

Week 8
First Trimester Baby Growth Week8iz9.th
The embryo is reactive to its environment inside the amniotic sac where it swims and moves. Hands and feet can be seen. At the end of week 8, the embryonic period is over and the fetal stage begins.

Week 9 to 12
First Trimester Baby Growth Week912ry2.th The heart is almost completely developed and the heart rate can be heard on a Doppler machine at the doctor’s office. Most major organs and tissues have developed and red blood cells are now produced in the liver. The face is well formed and the eyes are almost fully developed. The eyelids will close and not reopen until the 28th week. Arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, and toes are fully formed. Nails and earlobes start to form and tooth buds develop in the gums. Fetus can make a fist with its finger. Testosterone (male sex hormone) is produced by the testes in male fetus.
Back to top Go down
https://babytalk.forumotion.com
debbie Odell
child
child
debbie Odell

Female
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: First Trimester Baby Growth   First Trimester Baby Growth ClockThu Feb 01, 2007 2:10 pm

I love looking at these pics... they are so adorable even when they dont look Human!
Back to top Go down
Janey
child
child
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: First Trimester Baby Growth   First Trimester Baby Growth ClockThu Feb 01, 2007 4:23 pm

I still find it amazing that we come from a single sperm and an egg.. everyone is so unique..
Yes before anyone asks, my mum did tell me about the birds and the bees, but you know what I mean lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com
xJennax
child
child

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: First Trimester Baby Growth   First Trimester Baby Growth ClockFri Feb 02, 2007 10:55 am

Yeah sure is amazing.The egg picks the sperm too,did you guys know that?
Back to top Go down
debbie Odell
child
child
debbie Odell

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Trimester Baby Growth   First Trimester Baby Growth ClockMon Feb 05, 2007 2:26 pm

Yeah i heard something about the egg picking the sperm but exactly how does it do that do you know?
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: First Trimester Baby Growth   First Trimester Baby Growth ClockTue Feb 06, 2007 12:36 am

I would love to know how Doctors find out things like that! I mean my eggs must be really fussy about choosing their sperm, 6 months and still no takings. Come on ladies! :scratch:
Back to top Go down
debbie Odell
child
child
debbie Odell

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Trimester Baby Growth   First Trimester Baby Growth ClockWed Feb 07, 2007 4:09 pm

Oh I didnt know you were trying... Just think though when your baby comes out you can tell her she/he has to be the best! -lol-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Trimester Baby Growth   First Trimester Baby Growth Clock

Back to top Go down

First Trimester Baby Growth
Page 1 of 1