Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why did you choose your babies names?

Go down 
+18
dee2
Tracey
maz1981
mummyethel
Shez
RyleesMummy
skorpy
Sarah
~xHannahx~
Tanya
uksammy
Rebecca-Jayne
USAFmama
loudun
newmotherhood
Janey
kellytimestwo
maxine
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
maxine
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-01-01

Why did you choose your babies names? Empty
PostSubject: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockTue Jan 02, 2007 12:27 pm

I chose elsie for my youngest after my two grannies and summer, well it just came to me when she was born, i had originally chose olivia :) xx
Back to top Go down
kellytimestwo
child
child
kellytimestwo

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockThu Jan 11, 2007 3:25 pm

I chose Gracie after my grandma and her middle name Ann after dh's grandma.
Back to top Go down
Janey
child
child
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockWed Jan 31, 2007 5:34 pm

I chose my eldest daughters name from the books about Naughty Amelia-Jane (plus Jane is my name)

I chose the name Jobe for my son as I watched a film called "The lawnmower man" and the guy in that was called Jobe and I liked the name

As for my youngest's name..God knows!! Her name is Ophelia -Paige, but then I quite liked the idea that it rhymed with her sisters name Amelia lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com
newmotherhood
Teenager
Teenager

Female
Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2006-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockWed Jan 31, 2007 6:00 pm

I chose Jewlie Elisa because I wanted something unique but not to weird so I took her daddys middle name Julian and got Jewlie we just changed the spelling and Elisa from my name Elizabeth but once agn spelld diffrent
Back to top Go down
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockTue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 am

I chose duncan as it is scottish and i live in switzerland and wanted something nobody else had...
Back to top Go down
USAFmama
Infant
Infant
USAFmama

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockThu Mar 29, 2007 11:42 am

This is going to sound obscure, but there was a family tradition on my husband's side for naming the eldest son's first son. My husband is the eldest of his siblings, so we got to carry it on when we had our son.
Basically, the first born son's first name starts with the next letter in the alphabet from the letter his dad's name starts with. Got that? And the middle name starts with "J"
SO, my hisband's Dad is "Eric", therefore they chose "Fred" for my hubby, "F" coming after "E". His middle name is "John" to satisfy the "J" requirement.
When we found out we were having a boy with my first pregnancy, I started skimming through "G" names, few of which I loved. I finally came up with "Gregory James". "Gregory" satisfies the next letter in the alphabet thing. "James" is my father-in-law's middle name and I thought it fit well with "Gregory". Now there's no questions that he is definitely a Gregory, or as his 18 month old sister calls him, "Greggy".

On my mom's side, every girl for over 4 generations has been given a name that ends with "A". Me and my sisters are Deborah (I guess is counts), Inga, Anja, and Dora. I was overwhelmed when it came down to choosing a name when we found out we were having a girl, so having the "ending in 'A'" thing helped narrow things down.
We have a good friend named "Charla" (pronounced Sharla) who is one of the most wonderful people we know. If our daughter grows up to emmulate our friend at all, I'll be happy! Besides, I fell in love with the name! Grace just fit. And it's a variation of my middle name, "Ann".

We thought this baby would be a boy and had picked out Nicholas Carl, Carl being a family name on my dad's side for 4 generations. Since we're having a girl, it's back to the drawing board!!

Why did you choose your babies names? 20weekultrasoundprofilearmupBWalter
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ldsmommy
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockThu Mar 29, 2007 11:47 am

oo haha, very interesting! Not heard of that one b4! Clap
Back to top Go down
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner
uksammy

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockFri Mar 30, 2007 2:56 am

Blimey that complicated! It's nice tohave a tradition...we choose Kerrie cos it's the only name we agreed on!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockWed Apr 04, 2007 10:02 am

What a great idea USAFmama...
Back to top Go down
Tanya
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockThu Apr 05, 2007 4:50 am

ermm because we both liked them lol
Back to top Go down
~xHannahx~
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockThu Apr 05, 2007 8:34 am

how amazing !! if a little confussling on first read blush bless me

i think it is lovvely to keep traditions going Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockFri Apr 13, 2007 2:21 am

Dave had always wanted a little girl called Sophie for as long as he could remember so when she came out and was a girl he was over the moon :)
Back to top Go down
http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
USAFmama
Infant
Infant
USAFmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockSat May 19, 2007 1:47 am

We finally figured out our next daughter's name! :love2:
I found it in a book a few weeks ago and when I read it, I just KNEW it was meant to be her name. I actually started crying right there in the bookstore... I'll blame the hormones. My husband loved it immediately. We had checked out baby name books and checked countless name websites without success, so feeling so good about this was a wonderful experience.

Her name will be "Leora". It's Hebrew for "Light" and "Compassionate". Her middle name is "Michaela", the German form of "Mikayla" but pronounced much differently. Mich-eye-ella, the "ch" soft, like in German. So far none of my ignorant American friends have found it appealing and refuse to attempt to pronounce it, but we think it's lovely anyways.

Anyways, our baby finally has a name and now we have 3 months to teach our other 2 how to say it!
Back to top Go down
skorpy
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockSat May 19, 2007 2:09 am

A beautiful name..I really like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://babytalk.forumotion.com
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner
uksammy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockSat May 19, 2007 2:17 am

Thats sounds gorgeous Thumbup

We chose our Daughters names, Kerrie Louise & Aislyn Rebecca just because we liked them...it takes us ages to come up with names cos we're so fussy! Though Aislyn will get bored of telling people how to say her name when she's older! It's pronounced Ashlynn...but Craig wanted it spelt the Irish way!
Back to top Go down
USAFmama
Infant
Infant
USAFmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockSat May 19, 2007 3:25 am

I love it when people spell a name based on where in the world you find it. One little girl at my church is named "Kirsten", but they pronounce it "Sheersten", like in Norway. I think it's pretty.

I didn't realize by spelling my daughter's name the French way (with a "CH" for Charla, instead of an "SH") that I was giving her such a difficult name! At every doctor's visit that call for "Charla Olsen" making her name start with a hard "CH". I figured people would read it and think of Charlotte. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
RyleesMummy
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockSat May 19, 2007 6:33 am

Rylee was the only name me and my partner agreed on we both loved it x
Back to top Go down
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up
Shez

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockWed May 23, 2007 1:44 pm

We were undecided as we had 2 names, we were going to have Warren as that was my maiden name, so it would keep my maiden name going but when he came out we both thought he looked more like a Declan!
Back to top Go down
mummyethel
Toddler
Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockSat May 26, 2007 7:42 am

wow

Last edited by mummyethel on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maz1981
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockMon May 28, 2007 4:17 pm

wow some lovely names!!!
When we found out we were having a boy it was really hard to agree on a boys name had tonnes of girls lol!!! We decided on Callum as it sounds like a strong name and not to common!! We then choose a middle name each my hubbie went with Peter after himself and i choose Barry after my late Grandad
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Tracey
NewBorn
NewBorn
Tracey

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockMon Jun 04, 2007 4:25 am

My first eldest is Steffany Georgia her first name i loved but just spell it different and Georgia after my own dad and grandad as there name is George.

My second is Jack William, i loved the name John but his dad, my partner at the time didn't so reading up i found that Jack is a variation he didn't like it either but when he was born i said i wanted to call him Henry as he was born on the 8th of the 8th? (Henry the 8th? lol) so he decided Jack was better? lol And his middle name is my Nans maiden name.

My youngest Robert by my now husband has his name by family tradition he has the same name as his Dad, Grandad, Great grandad and so on? I didn't want to at first cos his Name is Robert Phin Robertson? Never been keen on first name same as the last but its funny how a name suits it just gets confusing all the Rob's in my family as my own brother is a Robert aswel? lol
Back to top Go down
kellytimestwo
child
child
kellytimestwo

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockTue Jun 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Tracey wrote:
Never been keen on first name same as the last lol

My name is Kelly Kelly!!! Got married and took my hubby's last name which happens to be the same as my first!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockWed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am

kellytimestwo wrote:
Tracey wrote:
Never been keen on first name same as the last lol

My name is Kelly Kelly!!! Got married and took my hubby's last name which happens to be the same as my first!

lol!
Back to top Go down
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner
uksammy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockWed Jun 06, 2007 2:19 pm

I think that's cool having the same name twice!! I think if we have a boy one day that we should call him Robin....Robin Robins lol!
Back to top Go down
dee2
Toddler
Toddler
dee2

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? ClockWed Jun 13, 2007 7:10 am

I am naming my little man after his dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your babies names?   Why did you choose your babies names? Clock

Back to top Go down

Why did you choose your babies names?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next