Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need a bit of advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Need a bit of advice Empty
PostSubject: Need a bit of advice   Need a bit of advice ClockWed Nov 14, 2007 2:19 am

Sophie started playschool in October. The first day we were there she was totally fine, didn't mind me not being in the same room as her and I also left her for about 45 mins and she didnt worry.

So me and the leader agreed that Sophie will be fine the 2nd time and I was to leave her there, so I did and after 45 mins I got a phone call asking me to come and collect Sophie as she was screaming uncontrollably.

Now Sophie wont allow me to leave the room to go for a wee while she is at playschool without screaming the place down. I have to stay with her the whole time.

I really would love for Sophie to be able to go and stay without me being there.

I don't really know what to do and neither does the leader as she hasn't had a child who is like Sophie before and she has been a playschool leader for nearly 20 years.
Back to top Go down
http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice   Need a bit of advice ClockWed Nov 14, 2007 2:28 am

Awww, its strange for a Child to keep doing it. Once they get used to Mummy not being there they settle down. Bless her. She must be really attached to you, thinking that you might never come back to get her.

Hope things settle down for the both of you.

xxxx
Back to top Go down
~xHannahx~
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice   Need a bit of advice ClockFri Nov 16, 2007 4:12 pm

In my opinion ..... for a play leader of 20 years to not know what to do when a child has seperation anxiety is behond me !!!!

I have dealt with this many times !! i work with children from 4 to 11 ... but am trained to care for children aged 0 - 11 .....

i am willing to help if i can hun ... but obviously i dont wanna tread on the toes of the Leader in charge of the playschool ....

gimmie a pm and i will try and help if you want xx

xxx
Back to top Go down
debee
Toddler
Toddler
debee

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice   Need a bit of advice ClockMon Nov 19, 2007 11:18 am

when i took lee to nusery school hed cry and cry to the point i used to ring after 10 mins of me being gone , so what they did was had him for so long a day it started at 30 mins then when to 60 then 90 and so on so he knew id be deffo comming back we did this for a week then till he was being left for 2half hours , that worked with lee,
good luck debxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice   Need a bit of advice Clock

Back to top Go down

Need a bit of advice
Page 1 of 1