Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Midwife question

Go down 
+3
saraho
Rebecca-Jayne
chryssa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chryssa
Toddler
Toddler
chryssa

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockThu Aug 30, 2007 6:41 am

last week I went for my first midwife appointment, and I was a bit upset for a couple of things!

Firstly, she was a bit funny about my weight (BMI of 26, which means sligthly overweight), but I suppose she was only being thorough.

What really upset me was that then when I told to her that I want to give birth to a hospital in another area, and not the local hospital she didn't really bother much with me! I asked her if it was a problem , and I explained that I had nothing against our local hospital, but I gave birth to St Mary's last time, and I would like to give birth there again! I simply don't want to "try" a different maternity ward every time I give birth...

When it came to book another appointment for me she booked me one almost 7 weeks later. I though I should see her more often! She also had a go at me for not having a urine sample with me (this was my first appointment) but didn't want to wait for me to go for one, and told me to always bring one with me. Then she sent me off without a sample bottle for next time? My previous midwife was so different!

Anyway, maybe I'm too sensitive! Has anyone else got a midwife they don't really get on with?
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockThu Aug 30, 2007 12:46 pm

I hated the midwife who said (just after I'd given birth) that my baby wouldnt attach to my breast because I 'had funny nipples' Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing wrong with my boobs!!!! I went mad and said she had no right to comment on my body and told her if she couldnt be bothered to go away and get someone who can do their job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was a right old cow.

There is nothing wrong with my nipples!!! Still gets me mad lol. She just couldnt be bothered to show me.
Back to top Go down
saraho
saraho

Female
Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockThu Aug 30, 2007 2:56 pm

no ive been real lucky with my midwives they were all great xxx
Back to top Go down
macys mum
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockFri Feb 01, 2008 5:44 am

My midwife was a lesbian and she was the best person i could have had in my pregnancy she was my my midwife with 4 of mine she was great
Back to top Go down
http://www.mumsontherun.org
chryssa
Toddler
Toddler
chryssa

Female

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockSun Feb 03, 2008 1:17 am

You are so lucky! I'm still struggling with mine! I see her every 2 weeks now, and some times I leave her office angry!
Back to top Go down
leighann
Grown-up
Grown-up
leighann

Female
Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2007-05-29

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockSun Feb 03, 2008 2:12 pm

cant u ask to see another midwife hun
explain that she upsets u and see if u can see some one else
Back to top Go down
saraho
saraho

Female
Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockSun Feb 03, 2008 2:16 pm

yeah i agree with leigh see if you can see another midwife x
Back to top Go down
vanessa_tallula
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockMon Feb 04, 2008 5:37 am

Yes definately, see if you can switch, I was lucky as well and had a great one :-D
Back to top Go down
chryssa
Toddler
Toddler
chryssa

Female

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockMon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 pm

I'm thinking that even if I switch, she is the only one in the area, so she will be the one doing the home visits after I give birth...

I'm seeing her again tomorrow, I'll let you know how it went!

Chryssa xxx
Back to top Go down
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockTue Feb 05, 2008 5:41 am

good luck hun hope it goes ok...xxxx
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question ClockTue Feb 05, 2008 10:24 am

I had 2 different midwives, both were nice which was lucky. They usually have more than 1 attached to Doctors Surgerys. Just ask if you can see another, you never know. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Midwife question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwife question   Midwife question Clock

Back to top Go down

Midwife question
Page 1 of 1