Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In Laws

Go down 
+3
loudun
vanessa_tallula
maz1981
7 posters
AuthorMessage
maz1981
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

In Laws Empty
PostSubject: In Laws   In Laws ClockMon Feb 04, 2008 6:22 am

How does every one get on with there in laws?????

Mine are really nice people the problem lies that they are just the complete opposite to my parents and me!!!!!
My parents are smashing grandparents especially my mum she does so much for Callum and they are really close in fact my side of the family make an effort with him and get down and play and enjoy his company!!!
My inlaws are diffrent i know that they love Callum to pieces but they dont really interact with him like playing ect and are much more intrested talking to me or other adults.
As i am sure you all know kids are fickle and honest and the older Callum gets the more you can see that he favours my parents over my hubbies i just want to shake them and tell them to make an effort but its not really my place and dont want to cause trouble!!!

Any suggestions????
Back to top Go down
vanessa_tallula
Infant
Infant

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-30

In Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Laws   In Laws ClockMon Feb 04, 2008 7:05 am

Hi there :-) Well you can't really change people and as long as they don't moan that Callum favours your parents over his then I don't see it as a problem. But..if they start moaning then be straight but nice with them and explain why you think Callum prefers your parents over his.

We are all different and sometimes you just have to accept people for what they are. They just may find it difficult to be affectionate some people are like that, how where they with your hubby when he was little, affectionate?
Back to top Go down
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

In Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Laws   In Laws ClockMon Feb 04, 2008 10:37 am

I know what you mean maz, my ex's mum is wierd she doesn't play with my son but saying that she can play with her daughters daughter....funny ehh....and duncan has noticed this (he's 4) and he now is very horrid to her and his cousin......

but as vanessa say's you can't change people.....xxx
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

In Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Laws   In Laws ClockTue Feb 05, 2008 10:30 am

Both sets of parents are great with Aiden. Although, i Know he loves my hubby's mum n dad even more so. Well I cant really say he loves them more, but like he loves spending time with them more than anything.

At the end of the day Maz, if they dont interact with your son, its their loss. Tough poo to them!
Back to top Go down
karla
Infant
Infant
karla

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-07-24

In Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Laws   In Laws ClockThu Feb 28, 2008 9:42 am

i dont get on my inlaws i never have an never will coz wht they have put me through since i have been going out with my partner they have got even worse since i had my daughter
Back to top Go down
chryssa
Toddler
Toddler
chryssa

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-08-28

In Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Laws   In Laws ClockFri Feb 29, 2008 9:07 am

Mine are lovely, even though they are from very different background to me and my family. We get on quite well, but ofcourse there are some things that drive me crazy...
Back to top Go down
saraho
saraho

Female
Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2007-05-24

In Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Laws   In Laws ClockSun Mar 09, 2008 3:39 pm

ohhh my in laws are great we all get along great and they always asking to babysit hee hee which is always good lol x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Laws   In Laws Clock

Back to top Go down

In Laws
Page 1 of 1