Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

routine! routine! routine!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yummy_mummy_lizzy
NewBorn
NewBorn
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-17

routine! routine! routine! Empty
PostSubject: routine! routine! routine!   routine! routine! routine! ClockTue Jun 19, 2007 1:14 pm

everyone keeps telling me that i need to get zach into a routine and I would love to but he can't even get the hang of a regular bed and wake up time let alone feed times and nap times! like he'll have a nap at 5-6 and i want to put him to bed at 7:30 but he's not tired! things like he eats every 3-4 hours from when he gets up but he may get up at 5 or 9! it's killing me but i just don't know how to! eveytime i try he's very resistant and screams the whole time like at bed time and i would let him scream but he has asthma and he manages to work himself up into a state and cant breathe! help please! lol
Back to top Go down
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up
Shez

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: routine! routine! routine!   routine! routine! routine! ClockTue Jun 19, 2007 5:14 pm

How old is he?

I am trying to get my son into abit of a routine but he is only 3 1/2 months old at the mo, but i am due back to work in 2 months time and i am just no going to be able to cope i dont think! Hopefully when he starts having meals etc he may go a little longer between feeds but at the moment it is every 3 hours and killing me, i am constantly tired, i know how you feel hun x
Back to top Go down
skorpy
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: routine! routine! routine!   routine! routine! routine! ClockWed Jun 20, 2007 3:31 am

The sleep at 5-6 is what is throwing him out and he is having a sleep right before what should be his last lie down for bed.But you probably know that already and cant stop him from falling asleep at that time.

That because he has already got into the wrong routine and so the only thing you can do is keep him active by bathing him at that time instead or play with him or you could take him out in his buggy for a walk..Try and work it,so your actually feeding him at that time or doing some sort of activity. And try and get him into a different routine then the one hes used too.

Try and make him go 4 hours without a feed and open it out abit. so that when it comes too 5-6 you bath him then feed him ready for proper bed.
Tbh I still give my son his last bottle at 6-7 mark and he goes straight too sleep then
Back to top Go down
https://babytalk.forumotion.com
yummy_mummy_lizzy
NewBorn
NewBorn
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: routine! routine! routine!   routine! routine! routine! ClockWed Jun 20, 2007 3:35 pm

zachs like 8 months old, it's silly because when he was born he had a routine strait away until he was about 5 months old and then it all went to poop when he started teething and very unfortunatly he hasn't stopped teething or caught onto a proper routine since. its horrible because i'd love a decent bed time and not to be forced out of bed at like 5:30 am but everytime i try and change his routine he's VERY risistant. im trying to do it slowly but everyone else keeps ruining it for me and even when i try to explain they just seem to ignore me! what can i do? even his dad is spoiling his routine by waking him up half way through his nap by stamping up and down the stairs and is loud when he gets home from work in the am (he works nights) which wakes zach up and think it's time to get up! even when he doens't mean to be because i sleep with mine and zachs doors open so i hear him when he cries and he's used to alan getting him up when he wakes up instead of making him sleep until about 7 because he was off work and could. i did my best but noone listens to me!
Back to top Go down
mylittleyellowduck
NewBorn
NewBorn
mylittleyellowduck

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: routine! routine! routine!   routine! routine! routine! ClockSun Jun 24, 2007 9:38 am

Hi,

Can I suggest a website for you to try? It's called www.babysleepanswers.co.uk it was recently featured in Mother and Baby magazine. It's run by a woman called Wendy, who is a baby sleep expert. You can download her book for her website for £5, but then you get use of her sleep forum, where she answers all your questions personally. My Jake used to be a bit of a nightmare, but she helped me him off his dummy, and he now sleeps 7-7 with no wakes ups. Jake is 7 1/2 months by the way. I know things like this aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I can only say waht worked for me. Hope it's helped.x
Back to top Go down
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: routine! routine! routine!   routine! routine! routine! ClockMon Jul 23, 2007 3:58 am

@ yummy-mummy-lizzy, How are things going with zach, have you got him into a bit of a routine?? Hope all is well...xx

@mylittleyellowduck, that website is great thanks for that...xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: routine! routine! routine!   routine! routine! routine! Clock

Back to top Go down

routine! routine! routine!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bringing up Baby :: General Discussion-
Jump to: