Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discipline

Go down 
+8
mama j
TracyD
mumof4girls1boy
uksammy
Kaytee
Shez
Rebecca-Jayne
maz1981
12 posters
AuthorMessage
maz1981
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Discipline   Discipline ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 4:32 am

Hey just wondering how you discipline your kids???? Callum has just started to be a bit naughty and the word "no" makes him naughtyer!!!!!
Have just started to use time out method we have a naughty corner!!! were i sit him for 1 min then tell him why and make him say sorry!
This does work but before when i am giving him his warnings and i say if you dont stop will put you in the naughty corner he laughs and thinks its funny. However once in the corner gets upset and always say sorry and gives me kisses!!
What does everyone else use??
xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 4:35 am

I tell Aiden once and send him up to his room, he's usually good for the rest of the day then lol. He does get cheeky sometimes and answer back so then I take his cars off him. He loves them so much lol.
Back to top Go down
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up
Shez

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 8:11 am

Luckily Declan isnt at that age yet but my nephew has a naughty step, he has to sit on the bottom step of the stairs until he says sorry but he now realises that as soon as he says sorry then he can move, as soon as he sits on the step he says sorry straight away!!! Little Bugga, lol

He doesnt find being sent up to his bedroom a punishment as that is where all his toys are and he can still play!
Back to top Go down
maz1981
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 11:18 am

yes thats why i make him sit there a min no matter what its supposed to be a min for each year of there life so callum will soon be 2 mins lol!!!! Yes i dont use bedroom for 2 reasons all his toys are there and also dont want him to think his bedroom is a naughty place!!
Back to top Go down
Kaytee
Infant
Infant
Kaytee

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-26

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 11:54 am

Luckily we haven't had to do anyhting yet. She is on ly 16 months old htough. When she does something she is not suppose to do, like climb on the table, We just pulle rher off, say "we don't climb on tables" Then take her down and distract her with something else.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 12:00 pm

lol our son hates having to go up to his room. He doest care that his toys are there, just hates the fact that he has to go to bed lol.
Back to top Go down
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner
uksammy

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 2:15 pm

Kerrie has just started the terrible 2's too!! She's 2 in July. She used to be soooo good doing as she's told, but now she doesn't always. Have used the naughty step once...seemed to work so need to keep it up I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
mumof4girls1boy
Infant
Infant
mumof4girls1boy

Female
Number of posts : 40

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockSat Jun 02, 2007 2:13 pm

What ever you do you must be consistant with it. you have to set boundries for them and they have to know how far they can go.
If you think the terrible 2's are bad just wait till you get to the teens.....much worse!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
TracyD
Teenager
Teenager
TracyD

Female
Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockSat Jun 02, 2007 2:15 pm

omg

yes dont i know it!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner
uksammy

Female

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockMon Jun 04, 2007 9:08 am

Thanks for that lol!

Yes there's nothing worse than letting ur kids getting away with things...u give an inch, they take a mile!! The naughty step seems to be working so far...hope it stays that way.
Back to top Go down
Kaytee
Infant
Infant
Kaytee

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-26

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockMon Jun 04, 2007 12:28 pm

My sister always said that the two year old were easy, its the 4 year that drives her insane
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockMon Jun 04, 2007 11:53 pm

The only thing that really annoys me with my Son is the fact that he has a motor mouth. He dont stop talking all day lol and by the time he goes to bed, me and my Fiance have a throbbing headache lol
Back to top Go down
mama j
NewBorn
NewBorn
mama j

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockMon Jun 18, 2007 4:31 pm

i have always used the naughty step for kiti but i done give a warning... i dont think they understand at this age really! but me and kiti have words if we are out where i will take her to a time out place and aske her why we have had to stop doing our nice things... she usually says sorry and we are fine!!

she has taken herself to the naughty step at times coz she thinks she been bad lol x
Back to top Go down
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner
uksammy

Female

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockTue Jun 19, 2007 8:49 am

Aww bless Kiti
Back to top Go down
yummy_mummy_lizzy
NewBorn
NewBorn
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockTue Jun 19, 2007 8:58 am

even though he's only 8 months old i have a way of "disciplining" zach. i think it's very important that they listen when you say no as hen he's older and goes to run into the road he must stop what he's doing when i say it. anyway, at the min i take a VERY deep voice (i sound like a man) and say "NO" loud and clear. makes him cry bless lol but he stops. he was playing with a plastic bag as i was unpacking the shopping and i shouted "no" by accident and he ignored me, i turned deep and loud and he burst into tears saing "mamama"! lol...it works :-)
Back to top Go down
VickyW
Infant
Infant
VickyW

Female
Number of posts : 37

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockTue Jun 19, 2007 9:31 am

As a childminder I have completed many courses in childrens behaviour and how to manage it.

One of the things that I have learned is that children will never here the word NO or Don't...for example if you say "please do NOT run" all they hear is "please run"....lol

I find that using Do's and telling the child what u want them to do rather than what u don't want them to do...for example rather than "do NOT run" try "Please walk as u may fall over and hurt yourself"

I have loads of material here which I am more than happy to share if anyone would like some advise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yummy_mummy_lizzy
NewBorn
NewBorn
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Female
Number of posts : 19

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockTue Jun 19, 2007 1:10 pm

i heard about that, it's a wicked idea, unfortunatly zach doesn't understand that right now but when he's older i will be saying positives not negatives. i think i saw about that on the programme of my godess in child behaviour....super nanny jojo! lol
Back to top Go down
chrismommy
NewBorn
NewBorn

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockSat Jun 23, 2007 1:24 pm

maz1981 wrote:
Hey just wondering how you discipline your kids???? Callum has just started to be a bit naughty and the word "no" makes him naughtyer!!!!!
Have just started to use time out method we have a naughty corner!!! were i sit him for 1 min then tell him why and make him say sorry!
This does work but before when i am giving him his warnings and i say if you dont stop will put you in the naughty corner he laughs and thinks its funny. However once in the corner gets upset and always say sorry and gives me kisses!!
What does everyone else use??
xxxxx

i would just say be consistent. my sisters daughter is really disobedient. my sister has taken the path of spanking. so i follow what she wants with her daughter. when her moms around i let her do the disciplining. but she doesnt really do it. shell threaten to spank her but then never goes through with it so her daughter knows she can get away with stuff. but when im babysitting i give her a warning and tell her that if she does it one more time she will get spanked. and when she does it again (she always does) she gets spanked, and she doesnt do it anymore, maybe once but she learns that she cant get away with stuff with aunty keisha. but she knows her mom has no consistency and she can get away with anything, even standing on the table for 10 min (which happened the other day) i dont want to offend my sis so i let her take care of her daughter
Back to top Go down
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner
uksammy

Female

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockSat Jun 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Thats the worst thing you can do, not follow through with your threats, then they know they can get away with it!
Back to top Go down
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline ClockMon Jul 23, 2007 4:03 am

I usually take something away from my son if he's bad and ignores the warnings, i also send him to his room, he normally crys when he has to go to his room, even though his toys are there....it works well so we are happy...xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline Clock

Back to top Go down

Discipline
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bringing up Baby :: General Discussion-
Jump to: