Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pregnant with a hernia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
USAFmama
Infant
Infant
USAFmama

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Pregnant with a hernia Empty
PostSubject: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockThu May 31, 2007 5:21 pm

I couple weeks before we concieved I was diagnosed with an Inguinal Hernia. It's in the low abdomen, on my left side. The doctor didn't seem concerned. When I told him a few weeks later I was pregnant, he casually said we'd just wait until after the baby is born to look into options on the hernia.
It didn't bother me much for the first 2 trimesters, but I've been having bouts of pain and discomfort. I see my doc next week and will ask him what he thinks.
Has anyone here ever had a hernia while pregnant (or even not pregnant) or know someone else who has? Aside from the discomfort, I've started wondering of pushing is going to be an issue.
Thanx for any input! blush
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ldsmommy
maz1981
maz1981

Female
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 4:12 am

Hun you poor thing as if pregnancy isnt hard enough to go through with out the added problem!!! Afraid aint been through it before but hope all goes well how long have you got till your due date??? Let us know what the dr says xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
USAFmama
Infant
Infant
USAFmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockFri Jun 01, 2007 11:46 am

Thanks... I've got exactly 2 1/2 months until August 16th. This isn't exactly new to me. With my daughter I got appendicitis at about 6 1/2 months, the weekend before my husband left for Basic Training for the Air Force. I guess I should just expect something to happen!
Back to top Go down
mumof4girls1boy
Infant
Infant
mumof4girls1boy

Female
Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockSun Jun 03, 2007 5:55 am

Hi,
If you go onto www.hernia.org/preg.html it does give you some info on there . Hope it helps in some way.
Back to top Go down
USAFmama
Infant
Infant
USAFmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockSun Jun 10, 2007 4:06 pm

mumof4girls1boy wrote:
Hi,
If you go onto www.hernia.org/preg.html it does give you some info on there . Hope it helps in some way.

Thank you SOOO much for that link! The information on that site was just what I had been looking for! Too bad they're based in the UK. Maybe we'll get stationed there next year and I can benefit from their expertise as opposed to the less successful methods used here.
Back to top Go down
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockMon Jun 11, 2007 5:50 am

Hope all is well and you are not in too much pain...((hugs))
Back to top Go down
~xHannahx~
~xHannahx~

Female
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockTue Jun 12, 2007 2:49 am

Fabulous link mumof4girls1boy ... Thumbup

Hope your not in too much pain hun .....:pray:
Back to top Go down
mumof4girls1boy
Infant
Infant
mumof4girls1boy

Female
Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockWed Jun 13, 2007 12:12 am

Hola
Your very welcome, I am SOO pleased that it has been of some help to you.
:goodluck: and hope it all gets sorted.
Back to top Go down
USAFmama
Infant
Infant
USAFmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia ClockWed Jun 13, 2007 1:51 am

Thanx everyone.. No, I'm not in terrible bouts of pain very regularly. It comes and goes, usually getting worse if I do a lot of physical activity. doh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant with a hernia   Pregnant with a hernia Clock

Back to top Go down

Pregnant with a hernia
Page 1 of 1