Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skorpy
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications Empty
PostSubject: Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications   Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications ClockTue Aug 08, 2006 9:40 am

If you have any questions or experiences with Gestational Diabetes & Pre Eclampsia or any other complications in pregnancy that you'd like to share or discuss, this forum is for you.
Back to top Go down
https://babytalk.forumotion.com
lawlesst
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications   Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications ClockSun Nov 05, 2006 1:08 pm

[i]hiya folks. i had my daughter just over 11 years ago now. i carried her for 37 weeks but no further due to pre-eclampsia.
on the tuesday before she was born i attended my checkup at the dr's as usual.
i had my blood pressure taken, then my little pot of wee was tested for proteins and then i had to have my blood pressure taken again. i was really alarmed by it needing to be taken a second time.
the first time the reading was too high. the second time was no better. and i had three points of protien in my water.
my doctor imformed me that i needed to go to hospital straight away and he wanted to call an ambulance for me right then. i just burst into tears. i was so niave in those days i reallly did not know what was going on.
anyway, i turned down the offer of the ambulance but said i would go to the hospital later that day with friends, and i did.
soon after i arrived at the hospital i was wired up to machines for my blood pressure and a trace of the baby's heart beat. stuck there for what seemed hours (which thinking back it probably was!), and when my protien was checked again, it had gone up to 4 points.
afterwards i was taken for a scan, which went well. although my baby was not huge, she was big enough not to fit all at once on the screen. when her face was shown, she opened her eyes and then stuck out her tongue at us before turning away from sight. cheeky minx!
after the scan i had to see a doctor, who told me that i was to be admitted for rest and to be monitored. again i burst into tears. i refused to be admitted then and there. i compromised by saying i would return with my packed bag the next morning. which i did.
i was admitted, stuck on the trace again several times that wednesday and eventually cried myself to sleep that night.
i was woken on the thursday morning by a nurse, before the doctors did their rounds. when the doctors got to me, they looked at me, my charts, each other before informing me that i would be having a c-section. a c-section, i thought, what the blinkin hell is that. i don't want one whatever it is. i told them.
i was informed to what it was and stated for sure that i did not want one.
i began crying again. i must sound like a wimp or something, nah i am just an emotional person, and i did not have a clue what was going on.
i was told that i would be given a chance to have my baby naturally first then. i was given a pessery at 10am in the hope that it would start things of. prior to the pessery i was found to be 2cm dilated. something i was unaware of at the time.
an hour later i was wheeled down to the delivery suite. wired up yet again to the trace and blood pressure (which was still sky high) and left to it. over the course of the day i dilated 0cm at all. at 5pm they gave me another pessery, warning me that if things did not start progressing then i would be wheeled into the OR for the 'c-section'. great. you can almost see yourself willing my baby to get out at this point. no?
by 8pm we had lift off! yippee! i was in the early stages of labour. PAIN! great. i was given a TENS machine which worked wonders until i had it on constant boost. then it died and i was left screamin for something else.
i was then given pethadine. wonderful stuff. being drunk without the drinking. this was given at 10m. i then i was left to it again. at just gone half twelve (early friday morning), i was given another internal and was found to be 4cm dilated. big wow!!
as soon as the nurse removed her fingers from me i looked at her and said i wanted to push!
"you cant' push. you're only 4cm dilated!" i was told.
i repeated myself. the nurse did another internal and yelled for help.
i had gone from 4cm to 10cm just like that.
by the time i started to push it was about 12.45am.
my daughter was born at 1am on the dot! 15 minutes of pushing.
she weighed in at 4lb 6oz or 1.995kg (and if the decimal point is removed from that then you get the year she was born in too! wierd huh!)
2 minutes after i had her i said i wanted at least another six children.
so if by telling of my experience i have helped someone in some way then i am glad.
thankx for reading this.
Back to top Go down
uksammy
Pensioner
Pensioner
uksammy

Female
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2006-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications   Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications ClockMon Nov 06, 2006 6:39 am

That's a happy ending story. It must have been scary with no one telling you what all these different things were, now we're probably over informed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/uksammy
skorpy
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications   Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications ClockMon Nov 06, 2006 7:45 am

What a Story,I am glad all turned out well for you.You went through a hell of a time there.

hug
Back to top Go down
https://babytalk.forumotion.com
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications   Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications ClockTue Feb 13, 2007 10:57 am

What a story but it ended well and happy pleased for you..
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Sarah

Female
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications   Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications ClockSun May 06, 2007 1:13 am

I had coliostosis when I was pregnant with Sophie if anyone wants any info i'm sure I can help x
Back to top Go down
http://chocolatemummys.proboards82.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications   Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications Clock

Back to top Go down

Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia and other Complications
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pregnancy :: Gestational Diabetes,pre eclampsia and other complications-
Jump to: