Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

G/D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skorpy
skorpy

Female
Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2006-08-08

G/D Empty
PostSubject: G/D   G/D ClockSat Jan 06, 2007 6:57 am

I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant with my Daughter who is now 3.

It was a real shock seeings I was so small and nothing wrong in my first pregnancy.I took the Diabetes sugar test and there is was.Luckily though it was diet controlled,so I didnt need insulin.But seeings I was actually craving chocolate,it was a nightmare.And everyone knows in pregnancy,you eat like a horse,but I had too be so careful.

I also had to monitor my blood everyday by pricking my finger with this gadget that tells you if your blood is too high..If it does then there are chances you have to go onto insulin,but my blood sugar level stayed down. My daughetr was induced a week early and weighed in at 8lb 14 and half.Babies are born bigger when you get G/D

You can emagine when I fell pregnant again,even though overjoyed that I was,I was worried about getting G/D again.So when it came to my sugarr test at 14 weeks pregnant as I had to have it done earlier this time because of getting it in my previous pregnancy,I was preparing for the worst....Came back normal and I was so happy.But I kept calm as I thought that when I have another test at 24 weeks,which is when most people get it,I was sure I would...but when it came to testing and again came back normal,I was told I was very lucky to not get it again.Because most people with get it again if having it before.

Has anyone else had G/D.I would love to hear about your story,I feel the only one.
Back to top Go down
https://babytalk.forumotion.com
Kazzy
Toddler
Toddler

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-12-14

G/D Empty
PostSubject: Re: G/D   G/D ClockSun Jan 07, 2007 8:28 am

How scary.

It must be such a worry for something like that to happen to you at a delicate time. I hope my pregnancy is straight forward. :(
Back to top Go down

G/D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pregnancy :: Gestational Diabetes,pre eclampsia and other complications-
Jump to: