Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  BabyTalk ExtraBabyTalk Extra  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going to Corfu!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up
Shez

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockThu Aug 23, 2007 2:12 am

I am going to Corfu in October and i am trying to think of what i will need for Declan, he will be nearly 7 months old when we go.

Has anyone ever tried the sterilising bags? I seen them in Tesco yesterday, each bag takes 2 bottles at a time and the bag can be used up to 20 times, does anyone know if these are any good?

I have had to buy another pushchair to take with me as the pushchairs i have at the moment are quite expensive and dont want them to get damaged so i now have 1 travel system and 2 strollers!

I have been told that i can buy baby food etc when i am there and there is a washing machine so i dont have to worry too much about taking lots of clothes!

My other concern was when i land i am getting a taxi to where i am staying, but i will have no car seat? I have been told that as it is not law on public transport Declan will have to sit on my lap......i just hope they drive safely?! lol

How did you get on when you went abroad with a little one???
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female
Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockThu Aug 23, 2007 6:10 am

Aiden was 6 months when we went abroad. lol we took dozens and dozens of them SMA cartons, the little ones. We had a suitcase just for them. The sterlising bags are very useful Shez, i recommend that you take them. We didnt take much baby food with us, as you can get all that over there. :)

Have fun, we're also booking another holiday maybe for later this year or early next year. Hubby just wants somewhere to go to relax.
Back to top Go down
Shez
Grown-up
Grown-up
Shez

Female
Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockThu Aug 23, 2007 8:28 am

I think a tin of powdered milk will take up less room in my case than the cartons!!! I will buy bottled water when i am out there to make the bottles up with as i never use there water not even to brush my teeth with!!! I think i will buy the bags then! Thanks Rebecca.

Where do you think you will be going?
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockThu Aug 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Haha, lol I dont know why we didnt take a tin and use bottle water, i forgot.

I'm not sure where we're going yet, probably somewhere in Europe. I was looking at the Austrian Alps lol.
Back to top Go down
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockFri Aug 24, 2007 1:03 pm

Switzerland is also nice rebecca and a little stop off for a visit would be nice......:-)

@ shez hope you have a great time...xxx
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockSun Aug 26, 2007 1:07 am

Yes I might look at Switzerland too. We fancy somwhere different. oo maybe we could do a bit of skiing lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
loudun
Elder
Elder
loudun

Female
Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-02-11

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockSun Aug 26, 2007 4:05 am

You would have to go on holiday between dec and feb to garantee snow hun as last year was a really bad season in switzerland france and austria for skiing......

If you did deceide to come to switzerland i could always help you out with places to see and stay and things like that, if you wanted you could always base yourselfs with us and do day trips.....:-)
Back to top Go down
leighann
Grown-up
Grown-up
leighann

Female
Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2007-05-29

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockSun Aug 26, 2007 5:27 am

never used the sterilizer bag
Back to top Go down
Rebecca-Jayne

Female

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! ClockSun Aug 26, 2007 10:30 am

Aww thanks Loudun Very Happy Thats sweet. We going to have another good look at where to go Very Happy We thinking of going away between Dec - Feb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Going to Corfu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Corfu!   Going to Corfu! Clock

Back to top Go down

Going to Corfu!
Page 1 of 1